What's Up Korea?

Welcome to my news blog. I will let you guys know the truly dynamic aspect of Korea. Please be interested and animated!

Tuesday, June 27, 2006

World's biggest philanthropists[what they said]


The man who caught the world by pleasant surprise this week can be said Warren Buffett, the world's second richest man after Bill Gates, who promised to donate more than 80 per cent of his fortunes in charity.

The news made me inevitably think of the haves in Korea. Samsung's chairman Lee Gun-hee and Hyundai's Chung Mong-koo revealed their respective plan to contribute to 'society' by dipping into their deep pockets, but they were forced to do so, or rather people understand they bought their way out of troubles. I am not saying the rich should follow the footsteps of those philanthropists, but I guess Mr. Buffett's action provides them with, at least, a moment to reflect on their past deeds.

The following is what world biggest philanthropists said.

ANDREW CARNEGIE

'Rich men have it in their power to busy themselves in organizing benefactions from which the masses of their fellows will derive lasting advantage, and thus dignify their own lives'

JOHN D ROCKEFELLER

'God gave me my money ... I believe it is my duty to make money and still more money and to use the money I make for the good of my fellow man'

BILL GATES

'We want everyone to have what we had (in our education): we were taught to read, shown how fascinating the world is, to have a sense of confidence'

WARREN BUFFET

'Life had dealt a terrible hand to literally billions of people around the world, and the Bill and Melinda are bent on reducing that inequity to the extent they possibly can'

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home