What's Up Korea?

Welcome to my news blog. I will let you guys know the truly dynamic aspect of Korea. Please be interested and animated!

Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Another big day for Korea


This morning, my babysister told me a pleasantly surprising news that Korean player, Lee Seung-hoon, who got a silver from 5,000 meters, won a gold medal in the 10,000 speed skating! What an amazing news!
The three golds that Korea's speed skaters won in this Olympics are so unexpected that it is almost shocking to me. Men's 500 meters are often compared to the 100 meters sprint, a sport that has been dominated by players from western countries and believed that Asians are physically less competitive than their western competitors.
The achievement shows there is nothing impossible in the world of sports.

I hope for the best for Yuna who without doubt is under enormous pressure to deliever a gold to her home fans. Her short program will start about 1 pm this afternoon.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home